Four Months of Looking Fantastic, pt 1

In March, I signed up for the Look Fantastic beauty box and, so far, I've received four of the boxes.  Some of the stuff hasn't been used at all, some of it I've put aside for my makeup wearing sister, and some of it I really, really like.  Very little of it has actually been reviewed on this blog though.  It seems about time that I fix that.

Here's the first part of list of what I enjoyed along with links to buy it (non-affiliate ones for the time being).  Almost all of the photos are from Look Fantastic's page...hoping they don't mind that I've swiped them as I'm using them to link to their product pages.

March:

Omorovicza Balancing Moisturiser




I love this.  I use it sparingly because it's freakin' £85 for a 50ml bottle, but I love it.  It absorbs quickly without high quantities of alcohol and has a really light fragrance.  If I could afford to spend this kind of money on moisturiser, I would.  Even the bottle is posh in its frosted glass.  Every time I want to feel a little extra fancy, I substitute my Nivea Soft with this.

RENU Flash Mask



It's probably indicative as a sign that something is wrong with me, but I mask daily.  Actually, I usually mask at least twice a day, three times if you include my light mask.  I like a clay mask after I wash my face in the evening and a sheet mask after I've put on my tret, niacinamide, and snail mucin.  This is an excellent morning mask, just in case I don't mask enough already.  It has vitamins C and B5 which really seem to brighten my face.  It's £35 for 100ml and, with it's anti-ageing aim, it's something I might consider purchasing a few years down the road.

Skimono Foot Mask


Booties!  Plastic booties!  I had to make sure to use this mask when my partner was not around because I was positive he would have laughed at the absurdity of them.

This foot mask is a set of plastic booties that you tape tight around your ankles.  Inside them is a serum with the "aim to provide a solution to the damaging effects of pollution, sun damage and stress."  (From the LF description).

I'm not sure how much pollution and the sun have stressed out my feet, but I love slathering weird shit on myself, so I donned the booties for the recommended hour.  For the sake of being able to move around my flat, I also put a pair of fluffy socks on over them.

The felt...weird.  If, for some reason, you've ever worn liquidy plastic bags on your feet for an hour, you'll know what I mean.  I'm probably not as nice to my feet as I should be, but I do regularly cover them with copious amounts of lotion post-bath/pre-bed and go to sleep with socks on to let the lotion sink in.  I would say this foot mask left my feet similarly moisturised.

I enjoy weird stuff, so I was happy for the experience, but I wouldn't pay a tenner for it.

The rest of the March box was passed along to my sister as it was rather makeup-y.

Comments

Popular Posts