Check out my cheeks!!!

It's been a few weeks, but progress is slow in the land of skincare.  I've been good and have been starting new products on the two week schedule.  I'm still loving the Garden of Wisdom Niacinamide Serum and now I've also added TO's Natural Moisturising Factors neat in the morning and mixed with TO's Squalane Oil in the evening.

The NMF goes on smoothly and dries quickly when applied on its own.  It leaves my face moisturised, but not at all greasy.  When I add the squalane oil, it's a bit heavier and the perfect texture for a night cream.  It still dries down fairly quickly and doesn't feel as if it leaves residue on my pillow case.

I'm using TO's AHA 30% BHA 2% Acid Peel once a week for 10 minutes at a go.  Much like my previous experiences with glycolic acid, I'm not sure this is doing a lot that I can see.  I'm subbing one of my thrice a week Clearasil SA pads with this and the BHA does its job of helping prevent breakouts, but I'm not seeing any amazing results from the AHA.  I'll continue using it for the time being and make more of a decision when the bottle nears being empty.

Going back to my original Dermatica treatment is doing wonders for my breakouts.  For once, I feel like my selfie actually represents what I see in the mirror (anyone else feel like iPhones' selfie cameras have an ugly filter on them...normally feel like my selfies are highly inaccurate).


Check out my cheeks!  They almost look like normal person cheeks!  I genuinely feel like I don't look like someone who has spent the past decade struggling with acne!  I'm hoping that if I keep with the current routine, the redness in my cheeks will fade even more.  Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't be me if I let a pay cycle pass without splurging a bit on skincare.  This time the big purchase is a re-buy-Flavanone Mud from NIOD.  Purchased directly from NIOD, 50ml cost £29 and 100ml costs £38.  For some reason, Look Fantastic sells the 50ml for the same price, but the 100ml for £28.90.  I've no idea why twice as much costs 10p less, but it's not the first time I've seen the price on Look Fantastic; it is the first time I've take advantage of it.  With a 15% discount (if you've never bought anything from LF, they are constantly having discounts), the price dropped to £24.57!

I included something new for me in the order as well, TO's Azelaic Acid.  I've heard wonderful things about azelaic acid for both fighting acne and reducing redness.  TO's is only 10% (prescription is usually around 20%), but I'm hoping it'll complement the rest of my actives and clear my skin even more.

Right now, I'm feeling incredibly positive about my skin.  I know I have a ways to go, but I'm going in the right direction and that's exciting!

Comments

Popular Posts