Pictures


I’m finding it quite strange to look at photos of my face right now.  I’ve done two glycolic peels so far (number three timetabled for this evening!) and have started on the micellar water as the first part of my face routine.  My face in the mirror looks so much better.  It’s still redder than I’d like, but the texture is much better and spots have been milder and fewer. 

Then I look at a picture of my face.



I don’t normally take selfies just to analyse my complexion–what a depressing thought that is!  I’m taking them now because I was really frustrated at the lack of week-by-week photos showing what at home glycolic acid peels can and can’t do and I’m hoping someone else can benefit from them.

Shit though.  The pictures of my face.  It’s like listening to a recording of my own voice.  Is this what everyone else sees when they look at me or is it distorted because iPhones cameras are known to play up the red tones?

I wish I had started taking close ups months ago because I think I’d be happier with the current ones now.  The progress I’ve made on my face has been fantastic and I hope it keeps continuing.

I’m still looking for a sunscreen that absorbs nicely.  I thought I found one online that I’d be able to pick up at my local grocery store, but when I got there, they didn’t have the one I was looking for and I ended up accidentally buying the one I already use at SPF 50 instead of 30.  I guess that’ll be good post peels, at least.

I’m running low on the Clearasil wipes I use between the micellar water and toner.  I’m considering not getting more, but swapping it with straight 2% salicylic acid.  The Ordinary sells it at a good price and it would also give me an excuse to get some Vitamin C serum.  Off to research prices etc.!

PS-Just compared this photo to the last one and there is a noticeable difference, which is pretty awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts