Today's update pic isn't the best.  I did a five minute 30% glycolic acid peel last night and learned exactly how important it is not to get it in your eye (ouch!).  This week I incorporated the salicylic acid Vitamin C serums I recently purchased from the ordinary.  I was right at the end of my Clearasil wipes, so I finished them off because they've got SA in them and I didn't want to double dose.  So, current routine is micellar water to cleanse, then the alcohol free toner, then salicylic acid, then Vitamin C, then nutrient serum with niacinamide, then moisturizer, then SPF.  It sounds like a lot, but I do it in the midst of the rest of my getting ready in the morning and it doesn't really add much time to my getting ready routine.



I started my period on Tuesday and, coincidentally, have also been breaking out this week.  I'm blaming the bad update photo on that and the fact that I've just put on sunscreen and it hasn't quite absorbed yet.  I'm still on the search of an affordable (so I'll not feel bad using enough) sunscreen that absorbs well.  This is my first time trying one from the Simple range.  It's only SPF15 (I'd prefer 30+) and it feels a bit greasy even 10 minutes after application, but it was easy enough to rub a good sized dollop on my face until the white went away.  I did manage to get some in my eye (skincare is bad for my eyes, apparently) and it's rather unpleasant, but that's my fault, not the SPFs!

In celebration of my period, I had a nice long bath with pink wine and a gold face mask.  I got a pack of five colloidal masks off Amazon last week and thought it was a good time to try one.  I'm not sure it did anything other than freak out one of my sisters when she got a selfie at work.  It was my first sheet mask and they're definitely harder to drink wine while enjoying than clay masks!  I did like how it dissolved in my bath when I finished it.  I've got four more though and my partner picked me up a bathbomb on the way home from work yesterday, so perhaps I'll do another one post rugby (watching, not playing) this evening.



I'm still looking at ways to tweak my routine.  Given the positive results that I've had with the glycolic acids, I think acids are the way forward.  I'm missing my Clearasil wipes already, but trying to hold out buying more until I've given the salicylic acid from The Ordinary a proper go.  I'm also investigating toners with GA in them, specifically Pixi Glow Tonic and The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, which is an apparent dupe of the Pixi Tonic.

I'm also thinking about retinoids, but there is so many different choices and different opinions about them online.  Plus, I know that I should probably settle into my current routine before adding too many new things.

Last change I'm looking at is with cleansing.  I jumped on to the micellar water bandwagon almost immediately after discovering it, but now I'm thinking it would be better used in just removing my SPF at night before doing a more traditional cleanse.  I had used Dove Beauty Bars and flannels for most of my adult life to wash my face though and I really don't know much about all the options out there.  Research, research, research!

Comments

Popular Posts