GlamGlow SuperMud Review

I finally got my LookFantastic April box yesterday!  Finally because I finally picked it up from the post office.  It came when I was out of town, but I don't think it was waiting too long for me to get it.


When I was in the US, I bought a Walgreens store brand charcoal mask which I thought might be similar to SuperMud because it showed oily spots on pores after it dried.  It is not.

My first thought when putting it on was that there were bits of plant in it.  I don't know what that was about or what sort of plant it was, but it was like little bits of cut hay or twigs.  Not sure.  It wasn't a big deal, just a difference.

After I covered my face and wandered out of the bathroom to scare my partner and finish watching Call the Midwife, I started noticing the tingling.  I was not expecting that at all.  Holy shit, the tingling.  I do regular GA peels and I thought this tingling was more intense than those.  A quick google showed that it wasn't unusual and was likely caused by the eucalyptus in the mask.

Additional perusing of the ingredient list (I guess I should do this before putting shit on my face) shows that it also contains mandelic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid.  I guess that could have caused the tingles too.  Either way, the Walgreens mask doesn't appear to have any actives in it, so it's definitely not a dupe.

I might use the last little bit of the sample as a spot treatment at some point in time, but on the whole I wasn't impressed with it.  I like my masks to be gentle and my other treatments to have actives in them.  That being said, I'm also obsessively researching NIOD Flavanone Mud...look for reviews of that in the future.

Also picked up and used was CosRx Advanced Snail 96 Power Mucin Essence and NipFab Glycolic Fix Extreme Night pads.  I'm using the snail mucin between niacinamide serum and moisturiser at night and the glycolic pads instead of my Clearasil pads on Sundays and Tuesdays.  Both will be reviewed once I've had more time with them.

Finally, yet another selfie because I'm feeling really happy with how things are going with my skin!

Comments

Popular Posts