Real life...bleh

I had a post that I started writing last week, but then, in the middle of making bath bombs on Wednesday night, my partner came into the kitchen and said I needed to call my family.  My first response was, "Is my brother-in-law dead?"  My partner replied in the affirmative.

My brother (in-law is a technicality) was a heroin addict.  My sister had kicked him out for the second time around the time that school started and was in the process of filing for a divorce.  He had been doing well until the first custody hearing and things went downhill after that.  On Monday, he died.

Last year someone broke into my flat and stole, among other things, my partners computer which we used to watch Netflix on in the family room.  Every time I was in that room for at least a month, I'd look over to where it used to be because my brain couldn't wrap around it not being there.  I kept looking and it kept not being there.

That's what this feels like now.  I keep asking myself how this could be real, but it still keeps being real.  My brain can't quite process it.

Keeping on the theme of skincare, I got the news on Wednesday night and flew out on Thursday morning (I live in England, my family lives in the US).  At a motorway stop, I picked up a travel skincare set (not sure why Amazon charges so much for it; WHSmith only charged £7) because I didn't have any lotion or lip balm packed in my carry on stuff.  The lotion was a skin saver and was applied 3 times over the nine hour first flight and once on the 90 minute second flight.  I'm pretty sure the deodorant also helped me not to be completely gross when my sister's friend picked me up.  For an impulse buy, it was well worth it!

My goal for the flight back in a week and a half is to be brave enough to be one of those people who does a sheet mask during the flight.  My sister had one that she was going to send to me and never got around to, so I'm sorted for kit.  I just need the metaphorical balls.

My routine while away is pretty much the same as my normal routine, but I accidentally left my TO Vitamin C serum and my zinc tablets at home.

AM:
Cleanse with Eucerin cleansing milk
Wipe with Clearasil 5 in 1 wipes
Spot treat with benzoyl peroxide 10% as needed
Wait 30 minutes
Pixi Rose Tonic
My Skin Matters serum from Sainsburys (this step is normally TO Vitamin C serum)
Day cream from Lidl
Sunscreen-currently using Simple SPF15, but I've got some Japanese stuff on the way that's SPF50 and meant to be not white

PM:
Bioderma micellar water
Eucerin cleansing milk
Pixi Rose Tonic
Wait 30 minutes
Dermatica treatment (Clindamycin 1%/Tretinoin 0.025%)
My Skin Matters serum from Sainsburys (this step is normally TO Vitamin C serum)
Night cream from Lidl
Hydrocolloid patches on spots, as needed


I'm happy with the routine, but still have more stuff coming in the post.  Why is ordering skin care stuff so much fun?  Lookfantastic has had awesome sales recently and I got the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Extreme Night Pads at 50% off and CosRx Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence at 20% off.  I've not decided exactly how I'll work either into my routine yet.

Comments

Popular Posts