Where I am now, plus...sheet masks!

I did another 7 minute 30% glycolic acid peel on Friday.  They're depressing if you're at all self conscious of scars.  I keep an eye on the mirror to look for frosting while I have the acid on my face and during the peel it feels like my unscarred skin gets paler and all of my old scars show up more.  When the seven minutes was over, I slathered on some snail slime (CosRx 96 Snail Mucin to be exact) and some E-45 lotion and fled the mirror.

Today was a new day.  My skin was calmer when I woke up and there was a cheese festival in town!  The partner and I decided to walk, so I had a good mile and a half walk in (we bussed back, lazy sods that we are!), which was good for me, and I remembered to back sunscreen so I could reapply after being out in the sun for two hours.  He even held up his phone like a mirror for me so I could make sure there weren't any weird white splotches on my face after reapplying!

When I got home, there was an Amazon parcel waiting for me...a pack of sixteen sheet masks!


There's obviously a wide variety.  I chose the "White" one for this evening because it's meant to brighten, moisten, and firm, two-thirds of which seemed good for post-peel face love.

There was loads of serum in the pack, enough that while I was masking I was able to squeeze extra from the packet and rub it on my neck and hands.  It felt lovely and relaxing on my face and stuck well enough that I could sit mostly upright and watch Netflix while masking.  I could even sip my wine!

After leaving it on for 20 minutes, I squeezed the excess serum from the mask (there was loads!) and rubbed it on my face.  It's been over an hour and it's mostly absorbed into my face, but it still feels a little bit tacky.  My hands are smooth, so I think given time, it'll absorb in.  I don't know if I'll have that much time before it's time for me to apply my tret and other evening stuff, so we'll see how that goes.

Tonight's update picture is post mask and taken with my laptop's webcam instead of my phone.  Zoomed in (please don't!) it shows every scar.  If you look at it from afar and kind of relax your eyes like you would for a magic eye picture, my skin looks pretty good.  Things are definitely better than they have been.  Fingers crossed that they keep getting better!


Also on the facemask front, I have some suuuuper cheap sheet masks with collagen on the way.  I'm hoping they'll be good for morning masking.  We shall see!

Comments

Popular Posts