At Home Spa Day

Oh, half term, how I love you.  I'm a teacher and leading up to a break, the big question is what are you going to do over it?  My dirty little secret is just how much I love doing nothing at all.  I don't know why staying at home and having quiet time by oneself is so frowned upon, but people always seem to feel sorry for me if I'm not jetting off to some lovely, warm country to enjoy basking in the sun.  I love time spent by myself though and today I'm having a spa day in my flat.

Normally, I wake up, wash my face, apply SA (in the form of Clearasil 5-in-1 pads), drink my coffee and read the internet, and finish my face routine with G9 Skin toner, TO Vitamin C, Nivea Soft lotion, and Biore Watery Essence sunscreen.

Today I still got up at more or less the same time and still started off with my lovely Eucerin Cleansing Milk (LookFantastic...please restock this soon!), but then I went straight for coffee.  I was reading Korean Beauty Secrets by Kerry Thompson and Coco Park (a so-so read, most of it I've already read about elsewhere) and the one thing that really popped out was how to test if your skin is dry, oily, or normal and it's dead easy!  Wash your face with your normal cleanser.  Do nothing else to it for an hour.  See what it feels like.  After an hour, mine is slightly oily, which means I have slightly oily skin.  Super tricky interpretation, right?  I did this yesterday and again this morning.  Same results.  Seems good to know.

Anyways, I drank my coffee and followed up with a double treatment (16 minutes total) of light therapy with my Jolee Light Mask.  I'm still undecided about this mask.  Sometimes I think my redness is fading, sometimes I think it's still the same.  I like the idea of it though and I can use rechargeable batteries in it, so I'll keep it up for a while longer.

So far, that's all pretty typical for me, but the next bit of my morning was a treat.  I did a switch up with my kaolin mask.  Normally, I use rose water in it.  I love the scent and I love how posh I feel using a porcelain and rose water face mask.  The only issue is that I hardly need to use any liquid at all to make the mask and it's too easy to over pour the rose water (I did order some pipettes to help add smaller quantities though).  I had what I think is a stroke of genius though!  I have some Pixi Rose Tonic that I bought to help with redness and didn't notice any impact from other than that it made my face smell nice.  It comes out in drops and was a perfect liquid to use with the kaolin.  I actually ended up with a slightly thicker mask than normal.  I think this will be how I use up the Rose Tonic.

After the mask, I gave myself a face massage using BioOil (not ideal, but I had it on hand and it's probably less bad than the other oils I had around).  I had read on Fifty Shades of Snail that one strategy for getting grits with oil cleansing was to do it post mud mask.  I was surprised that I did get some grit coming from my pores!  I followed up with Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm that I got a couple of months ago in a Look Fantastic box and that seemed to do the trick of getting the oil off.

Now I've toned (G9 Skin White In Milk Toner) and have some hydrocolloid patches on the spots that my period has forced to the surface.  There is more pampering ahead of me today, but I've already written loads for now.  I'll follow up once I've done the rest!

Do you have any favourites for an at home spa day?  Please share!

Comments

Popular Posts