Spa Day Part 2

The second half of my at-home spa is infinitely less exciting to write about (and probably to read about), but is one of my favourite things ever–a well drawn bath.

I think baths are an art form.  We've all had too cold or too hot ones with not enough bubbles or too much oil.  My spa-day bath was perfect.  I used a load of plain bath salts and an unscented bubble bath.  If you've not tried bath salts, try them!  They make the water slippery, but not oily.  It's an inexpensive way to make your bath a little more lush.  Speaking of, I do love a bath bomb.  I've tried my hand at making them with quasi-success, but tend to rely on my partner to randomly surprise me with one after work.  I didn't have any nice ones on hand for my spa-day (poor planning!), so it was simple, but still felt luxe with the salts.

My bath also featured two important things: pink wine and a face mask.  The wine was a really lovely, dry rosé that is cheap as chips at Lidl, the Mezquiriz Garnacha Navarra.  If you're not a rosé fan, give this one a go.  It's dry and fruity at the same time and, at under £4 a bottle, a go-to wine for me.  During a bath, I like it out of this cup to keep any stray splashes out and to make myself smile.

The mask I used was a new one for me, from last month's Look Fantastic box, a SkinRepublic Bubble Purifying+Charcoal sheet mask.  You've probably seen similar masks online if you're a weirdo like me who reads about masks online.  If you're thinking about getting one and a fiver for a mask seems reasonable, I recommend this one.  It fit my face about as well as any sheet mask does, but the fabric seemed a bit thicker than normal.  The bubbles started almost immediately after putting it on my face, which made the whole experience feel, I don't know, warmer?  Sometimes sheet masks feel a bit clammy on, and while the coolness can be nice if you're hot, the lack of it helped to extend the bubble bath feeling right up to my face.



I kept the mask on for the recommended 15-20 minutes, probably closer to 20 and massaged excess bubbles into my face.  I was really happy with how the serum dried.  I was expecting it to be tacky, but it left my face feeling soft, smooth, and nourished.  It's more than I normally spend on a sheet mask, but if I saw it on sale I would probably get it again.  I certainly wouldn't be upset if I got another one in a future beauty box.

There wasn't anything different about the rest of my day compared to a regular one, but the extra pampering I gave myself definitely left me feeling relaxed.

Comments

Popular Posts