Still Kicking

It's been ages since I've posted.  I know.  Sorry.  Life happened and then acne happened.  Bleh.

Last post I was super hyped about sheet masks.  Still am!  I recently purchased a 30 pack of Japanese masks off of Amazon, specifically Kose Clear Turn Essence Facial Mask with Collagen–totally a quick easy name to remember–along with a variety pack of Dermal brand sheet masks.  The goal, which I've done with the exception of a weekend glamping trip, was daily sheet masking for hydration.

The Kose masks come in a plastic tub with a fairly insubstantial peel off seal.  Once it's opened, you can't properly seal it back up again, but it does a good job of keeping the moisture in the container.  Originally, I was going to incorporate these into my morning routine, but doing that just once left my face a bit shiny.  Currently, I'm using them immediately post shower in the evening and I really like them.  They aren't as saturated as other masks, but I think that's okay for a daily mask.  I leave one on for 10-15 minutes and my face feels refreshed.  I'm a little obsessed with the fold down eye holes.  I guess, theoretically, I could have them over my eyes, but what I like is having them folded down, so I get a bit more moisture right under my eyes.  I'll tap lightly on that area while masking and it feels so soothing.

The Dermal masks are a little less exciting.  I like the variety, but they leave my face feeling tacky.  I can't imagine rebuying them, but I will likely rebuy the Kose ones, although I might get a different type.  They've got some with Hyaluronic Acid in them that I'm curious about as it's not an ingredient I'm currently using in my routine, but is one I'd like to add.

I've got a few more reviews that I want to add in the coming days (including a light therapy mask!), but I'll hold off on those for the moment.  For now, a progress update.

Last weekend, I went glamping in Wales.  It was a lovely Yurt style tent with a proper bed and wood burning fireplace in it.  There was a rainwater shower and off grid loo, but no sink.  My routine stayed mostly the same, but I swapped face wipes for my normal Eucerin Cleansing Milk in my evening routine because of the lack of sink and washed my face in the shower for my morning routine.  Sunday night, I started my period.

I don't know how much of it was hormones (probably most) and how much of it was being just a little less clean, but I got two massive spots on Sunday, one on my forehead and one on my cheek.  Throughout the week, two became more than two and, once more, I may have gone a bit mad with the benzoyl peroxide.  Now, I think that combined with my normal exfoliants, and I may have over exfoliated.  I don't know.  My skin is shiny.  Despite the spots, I'm stopping the Clearasil wipes for a bit, but continuing with the tretinoin.

There's a funny patch on my cheek that I don't think started as a spot.  It just sort of appeared as a fully fledged scar.  I'm not sure what that's about.  Here I am in my spotty glory though.  On the plus side, the skin between spots seems to be evening out in tone, so there's that.

Comments

Popular Posts