And now for something completely different.

I had every intent to continue on with the Look Fantastic reviews, I really did.  It just seemed like a chore, so it didn't happen.  Sorry.  More updates will come eventually.  Maybe.  Probably.

But now, something completely different–hair.

Since I was eight or so, I've gone through the process of getting my hair cut really short (around ear length) and then letting it grow out for a few years and getting it chopped off again.  I've been no-poo for the last decade or so and no-brush for a bit longer (I detangle and style with my fingers, it's not like I just let my hair get matted and gross!), so fairly low-key with the hair care.  On a normal day, it's pulled back in a braid, sometimes I'll feel fancy and it'll be a french braid.

Last week I started a unit on probability with a KS3 class.  We were describing probability in words and putting different outcomes on a probability scale and one of my examples asked about the probability of Miss dyeing her hair pink.  The answer was unlikely.  I've never dyed my hair before and to get my brown hair pink, I'd need to bleach it first.  That's too much hassle for low-key Miss.

A seed was planted though.

I'd look awesome with magenta tips.  Like really, really awesome.

Magenta might be a bit much though...what else?

Purple tips.

I could do purple tips for the summer (there's only one week left of school and I'm on trips for most of it!) and cut it off before the new year starts.

After less than a week after the idea popped into my head, and I've bleached my hair and am currently sitting with purple dye in my hair.  I'm super psyched about the ombre effect with the bleach and I'm hoping that the purple takes well.  Fingers crossed.  Here are the current pics...updates will come later.



Close up on the tips.

Half-up/half-down to see how it would look.

Me and a carrier bag being used to protect my furniture...my skin isn't doing too horribly either!
PS-I have purple spots on my right inner arm.

Comments

Popular Posts