Routine Update and Piccies!

I realised that it's been a while since I've done a routine update.  I started out trying so many different products and now I'm fairly settled.  In a way, it's sad because I like trying new stuff.  In a much bigger and more important way, it's good because it means I'm finding what works.  Right this second, this is what I look like.  I'm in the middle of doing a Yes To Grapefruit Flash mask in order to get my glow on for the last day of work before summer holidays.  I'm not convinced it actually does anything, but it's fun, so there's that.


Here's what I do daily:

AM
Cleanse with Eucerin Cleansing Milk
Jolee Light Therapy mask
Tone with G9Skin White In Milk Toner
Moisturise with Nivea Soft
wait as long as possible before next step to prevent shininess
SPF with Biore Watery Essense SPF50
wait 10 minutes
Lightly dust with ELF High Definition Powder in Corrective Yellow

PM
Remove SPF with Biore Micellar Water
Cleanse with Eucerin Cleansing Milk
Mask (this varies depending on the day)
wait at least 20 minutes
Dermatica treatment (was on 0.025% Tretenoin and 1% Clindamycin, but now phasing in 0.05% Tretenoin)
wait at least 20 minutes
My Skin Matters Anti-Age Serum
Cosrx Advanced Snail Mucin 96 Power Essence
Kose Face Mask (currently using the Hyalauranic Acid ones)
Eucerin Night Cream with 5% Urea

Notes
If you're a stalker who takes serious note of my routines (leave a comment if you are!) then you'll notice some major shake ups to the morning routine.  I used to use the Clearasil 5-in-1 pads with SA every morning.  I still use them, but I felt like I was over exfoliating and have dropped them down to three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  I'm not a zealot about keeping only to those days, so if I'm feeling extra congested or pimply, I might use them on an off day.

I've also cut the snail mucin and Vitamin C from my morning routine.  This, along with the loose powder at the end, are purely for the sake of shine prevention.  I was getting seriously shiny.  People (well, the teenagers I work with who have no tact) were commenting.  It wasn't good.

In the evening, depending on how oily I feel (more oily, more likely to use it), I'll use Banilla's Clean it Zero between the micellar water and the Eucerin cleansing milk.  I feel like it's a really good summer addition.  It makes me feel less oily, despite the fact that it is oil based.  I know that people go on and on about how like attracts like, but it's one of those things that you have to try to really believe on a gut level I think.

I do a clay mask almost everyday.  The only one that has a specific day is the NIOD Flavanone Mask, which I do on Wednesdays and follow up with TO's 10% Lactic Acid.  Other days I switch between a super cheap charcoal mask I got from Walgreen's in the US last Easter holiday (I'll be back in the US soon and will definitely be restocking on this!), kaolin and rosewater, and bentonite and ACV.  I love, love, love masking and may have subscribed to a mask box just because the thought of a carbonated gold clay mask was too much for me.

I've been writing long enough that I've rinsed off my face and put on my toner and moisturiser.  Here I am between those two steps.


My skin still isn't perfect, but I can't get over the difference between when I started and now.  The forehead breakouts are period related, but check out how much more even my cheeks are!  Very happy with the progress!

Comments

Popular Posts