I'm a Unicorn: Hair Update!

Two weeks ago, I used Shocking Blue Manic Panic to dye my hair blue.  I picked it based on how it faded and woo, has it faded.  Here I am from the back where you can still see lots of purple and a bit of blue plus pink/fuschia tips:


Here is the crown with it half pulled back:



The front/top is where it has faded the most and it's almost back to the orange I started with post-bleaching.  Underneath that, you can see the blue.  It's a cool effect and still looks alright with my skin tone, even though it's a bit lighter than what I should probably have.

I think it's faded the way it has because it's been insanely hot here, so I've spent most of the time since dyeing it with it pulled up in a messy bun, meaning that the top of my head and the tips have had exposure to sunlight and incidental water in the shower, but the rest of my hair has not.  I really like it, but I want the effect to last longer, so I've purchased yet more Manic Panic.

I only have one container even though I used 1.75 containers for the initial dye job.  My plan is to mix it with a lot of conditioner and then put it on my head for a few hours.  I'm hoping that since I already have the base colour, this'll do the trick at redying it.  Fingers crossed.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm really enjoying having non-natural coloured hair and, if my job allows it (dress code doesn't specify if we're allowed purple hair...), I want to do a forest green next with plum and dark blue lowlights (I think that's what they're called).  We'll see.  I've got big plans and I've watched a lot of YouTube videos, so it may or may not work.  Who knows?

UPDATE: The conditioner mixing worked and my hair is blue again with what are, at the moment, very subtle purple highlights.  I like it.  I wish it would stay this way for a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts