NO:HJ – 24K Gold Mask Pack Super Collagen Review

I've used my first sheet mask from my Mask Time box: the NO:HJ – 24K Gold Mask Pack Super Collagen, retailing at £3.50.

The info card that was included with the box describes it as follows:

Bougie Alert! This beautiful mask not only looks amazing but works amazing too! Covered in a delicate gold floral pattern, packed with 26g of essence, 1300mg of collagen and 1.15mg of gold extract this sheet mask packs a punch and is just oh so glam! Gold extract helps to control oil levels in the skin whilst collagen improves the elasticity and strengthen the natural barrier. This makes for one fancy pamper session!


   

The packaging for this mask was a sort of thick vellum paper that made it feel very luxe.  When took it out, I was disappointed that it didn't have any backing on it though.  I find that backing can be the difference between easy unfolding and struggling with wet tissue paper.  This was a wet tissue paper situation and it wasn't the easiest to unfold.


Once it was unfolded, it went on easily enough.  I was disappointed that it didn't have the flaps to cover the eyes, but after I felt a very mild stinging near my left eye, I wasn't too bothered that I couldn't cover my eyes with the serum coating the mask.

I loved the look of this mask, not that it matters once it's on and I'm no longer looking in the mirror, and I love that it stayed wet for the full twenty minutes I had it on my face.  The texture of it reminded me of a rich lather, very soft.  The scent was light and generically cosmetic (does that make sense as a descriptor?...imagine the smell of opening your makeup bag–that's what this mask reminded me of).

I felt way less grumpy than I look.
So, the 24 carat question: did the mask do anything?  Nope.  Not that I could tell.  I let the serum dry on my face and delocatage (I always wipe extra serum on my neck and chest) and it just left me a bit sticky and shiny.  My complexion didn't look brighter and I didn't feel like my skin was better moisturised.

Overall Rating: 6/10  I enjoyed using it more than my standard Kose mask, but it didn't do much of anything.

Comments

Popular Posts