A Wordy Update

The posts have slowed, but I'm okay.  I'm a teacher and school is back in session, so time to pamper and take piccies has diminished greatly in the past few weeks.

I feel like I've reach a plateau with the condition of my skin.  When I look back at photos from 6 months+ ago, I'm thrilled with the progress I've made.  When I look in the mirror, I wonder when I'm going to have clear skin.  Here's my current routine:

Morning:
Wash with Eucerin Cleansing Milk
Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday treat with Clearasil 5-in-1 Pads
Wait 30-60 minutes and apply Nivea UV Face SPF 50 with Q10 Anti-age and Anti-pigments

Evening:
Wipe with Garnier Micellar Water
Cleanse with Eucerin Cleansing Milk
Wait at least 20 minutes and apply Dermatica 0.05% Tretinoin Cream
My Skin Matters Anti-Age Serum (Sainsbury's niacinamide serum)
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence
Eucerin Night Cream with 5% Urea

I've cut out the moisturiser in the morning because the SPF is quite moisturising on its own and combined with my beloved Nivea Soft, it was just too much.

I'm thinking about adding in TO Vitamin C (whatever the type that I already have sitting around...they've got far too many different formulations for me to keep track of!) on the mornings that I don't use Clearasil.  I actually did that this morning and used it immediately after cleansing.  I stopped using it initially because combined with everything else it was making my face shiny.  I think that it might be better on its own and, even if it does make my face shiny, I use a loose powder about 20 minutes after my SPF to get rid of the shininess it leaves.

I still use NIOD Flavanone Mud on Wednesday evenings followed by TO 10% Lactic Acid.  I do think the combo works well for keeping my face from being too congested.

I'm doing less masks than I'd like at the moment and am no longer doing a daily sheet mask.  Honestly, this is a result of depression.  I love masking, but my energy levels are lower and my routine is simplified a bit as a result.  I do love the ritual of it all and I think the self care aspect is important.

Currently, the only beauty box I'm subscribed to is Latest in Beauty.  I've received one box that I really enjoyed, but couldn't be bothered to review.  Depression really does make for the worst blogging.  It's a box that allows you to pick exactly what you want, so it takes away the surprise element, which sucks, but it means that I don't get makeup that I won't use. 

I've chosen the mid-range plan which lets me pick six products for £15.  My first six products were some bright red nail polish (I like to paint my toenails), a six pack of Biore pore strips (they're bad for your skin and never quite work for me, but I still like using them!), a five pack of hair masks, a compact mirror (I didn't have a mirror for my handbag), a lovely multipurpose rose balm, and a hydrating mask.  So far, I've used two of the pore strips and the rose balm, which I really like on my cuticles and nails after lotion.

So, that's what I'm up to at the moment.  I've got a few Glamour Beauty Club products that I've been sent for free that I'd like to use and review, so watch for those.  I've also started up with Friday night peels again, this time 40% glycolic acid.  So far, after two weeks, no visible results, but at the end of a six week cycle I'll do a write up.

Hope all of my lovely readers are well!  xx

Comments

Popular Posts