LINDSAY – Seok Go Contouring Mask Gold Review

I've cancelled my Mask Time subscription.  I've realised that I'm hoarding the masks for special occasions, which means that I have a surplus of masks.  I'm just not using them fast enough!

Thankfully, I'm off to a party today, so it seemed like a good time to use one.  I'm reviewing it as I use it because it's so bizarre.  It's the LINDSAY – Seok Go Contouring Mask Gold, retail value of £10.50–more than I would ever spend on a single use product.  Mask Time describes the mask as follows:

This two-step paper mache type mask consists of two layers, an inner essence layer to replenish skin of nutrients and an outer layer to tighten and lift. With niacinamide to brighten and collagen to firm this clever mask leaves skin feeling plump and nourished, selfie ready!

HOW TO USE:

1.       After cleansing and toning the face, apply the Elastic Essence Sheet from the Step 01 pouch. Fit over face and use the loops over the ears.

2.       Now apply the Gold Contouring Sheet from the Step 02 pouch and use the loops over the ears.

3.       Massage and rub in the top mask into the bottom mask for all the nutrients to seep through.

4.       Leave on for 25-30 minutes until the top mask has hardened, remove and continue with your normal skin care.



Plump, nourished and selfie ready seemed like a good state to be in for a party.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened the package, but I was imagining sometime that reminded me more of two regular sheet masks, instead, I got flashbacks to teaching arts and crafts at summer camp.

The Elastic Essence Sheet is very much a typical sheet mask.  It has ear loops on the edge of the face and to hold the chin strap up.


The Gold Contouring Sheet is exactly like the plaster of paris strips I used to use to make face masks at camp.  Seriously, you can get the same stuff for next to nothing at HobbyCraft.


Mask one had a generous amount of milky white essence.  If you have a slightly inappropriate mind, there is exactly one thing that it would remind you of.  The mask itself had minimal scent and was made for a much smaller face than mine.  I was able to get the ear holes on the edges around my ears, but the ones on the chin strap had no hope of making it.  I attempted to smooth it onto my chin anyways and moved onto the second step.

Mask number two came in two pieces and they fit nicely over the first mask.  Having used plaster of paris strips before and knowing what they feel like when they dry directly to the skin, I was thankful for this.  The bottom half had a chin strap too, but because I hadn't attached the first chin strap to my ears, the second chin strap hung impotently.  I ended up cutting both off.

The directions say to use the serum on the first mask to moisten the second one.  There was plenty of serum left in the packet to do so and the holes in the mesh of the second mask were quickly smoothed over with plaster.

Midway through the drying process, the tightness on the ear holes started to hurt, so I slipped them off.  The top mask had tightened enough at that point that everything stayed in place.

I've now taken the mask off.  One of my favourite things to do post sheet mask is massage the leftover essence in.  Unfortunately, I had bits of plaster left on my face from the mask, so I had to go wipe them off with a damp flannel instead, which was slightly disappointing.

My face does look a bit plumper though.  Am I selfie ready?  Probably as much as I ever am.  Would I recommend this mask?  Maybe, if you don't mind spending £10.50 on a one time use product and like masks that are a bit different.  Overall score?  7/10.  It's pricey and fit strangely, but it had a noticeable impact on my skin.

Comments

Popular Posts