Still Kicking!

Hi, remember me?  I'm still alive and kicking.  I've also been struggling with serious depression and anxiety, but I've got new meds and an awesome therapist, so things are on the upswing at the moment.

My face is also on an upswing.  My acne still shows up, but it's less severe and goes away more quickly.  Here's my current routine:

AM:
Wash with Eucerin Cleansing Milk
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday treat with Clearasil 5-in-1 Pads
Moisturise with Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Gel Cream
Biore Aqua Rich Watery Gel

PM:
Biore Micellar Water (I use small squares of wool felt to apply this in hopes of being a bit more eco-friendly)
Wash with Eucerin Cleansing Milk
Treat with Dermatica (currently on 0.05% tretinoin)
Apply My Skin Matters Anti Aging Serum with niacinamide
Apply TO Squalane Oil
Apply TO Natural Moisturising Factors with HA

The Dr Jart+ and the TO products are still relatively new, but I'm liking them.  I think the Dr Jart+ is actually discontinued.  I got it in a Latest in Beauty box (full size in a box that only cost me £9!) and I'm having trouble sourcing it elsewhere.  All three products leave my face feeling moisturised and soft, but not wet; they sink in really quickly.

So, now the scary part: update pics.

Me at the start of my skincare journey
Me this morning

See why I say it's scary?  I think I might need to start taking pictures with something other than my iphone.  My PIE (Post Inflammatory Erythema) shows like mad in the photo and makes my progress look minimal.  It drives me up the wall!  My skin, in actuality, still has a lot more redness than I'd like.  I've got a spot of angular cheilitis (the weird dry bit at the corner of my mouth) that's healing up, but otherwise I feel like I look so much better.

I'm not sure where I want to go with this blog.  I'm still masking like mad, but I've settled into a set of masks that work well for me, so I'm not experimenting as much.  I may change the name and make it a more general blog so I can incorporate other hobbies such as wool and bullet journalling.  Who knows.  If you're still around, leave me a comment and tell me what you'd like to see!

Comments

Popular Posts